Nearpod join is an interactive classroom tool that lets you add things like polls, collaboration boards, and game-based quizzes to your lessons to keep your students interested. Students can talk to each other and give answers on any mobile device or laptop.
How does Nearpod Join work?
Nearpod Code is a digital tool that can be used on a website or as an app. It lets teachers make interactive slideshows that students can use to learn from.
Nearpod Join can also turn learning into a game to make it more interesting and fun. It is also made to work well with many tools that already exist, like Google Slides, Microsoft PowerPoint, and YouTube. Teachers can quickly and easily make a lesson using already-made materials that they can easily import.
How does a Nearpod code work?
When the teacher starts a lesson, students can use the Nearpod code that their teacher gives them to join the lesson on their own devices.
Nearpod join is an online tool with a hybrid layout that lets teachers use slide-based teaching both in the classroom and from home.
Teachers can make a lot of different interactive learning tools that students can use on their own devices or on a single screen in the room to get involved and learn. You can also add question points along the way and have the students answer them.
Nearpod can also be used as a tool for formative assessment. It can show students’ work in easy-to-read graphs and charts that give a clear picture of their progress.
Teachers can then control the slides and presentations in real time, while students can watch it on their own devices.
There are already a lot of free Nearpod join lessons that you can use. They are basically templates that teachers can use to make their own presentations.
Teachers can make the templates their own by adding images, videos, PDF files, and other things.
The lesson can also include quizzes, virtual trips, polls, and other activities.
Nearpod works with Chromebooks, other laptops, and mobile devices.
How long will the code be in effect?
The Nearpod code that teachers give to their students can be used for a year.
Teachers can also change how long the code is by hand.
Is it free to use Nearpod?
Nearpod is free for classrooms with 40 or fewer students.
Then, teachers can choose to upgrade to a Gold or Platinum feature.
Gold lets up to 50 students in a classroom, and platinum lets up to 75.
What are the best things about Nearpod?
Nearpod join is a great way to make YouTube videos more fun and engaging. Just pick the one you want, and at certain points along the way, you can add assessment questions. So all the students have to do is watch and choose the right answer as they go. This makes sure they pay attention and lets you see how much they know or where they need to work harder.
The use of virtual reality is also a nice addition. Students can use Nearpod with VR headsets to explore an area, just like they would on a school trip, but they don’t have to stay in one place.
The ability to draw directly on slides is a good way to give students more freedom to interact. For example, they could add their own pictures or draw on a map or diagram.
Collaboration boards let students share different points of view that can be useful in the classroom and when they are not there. In student-led mode, they can go at their own pace, while in teacher-paced mode, you can pause to think about what was said or explain it further.
As a tool for differentiating, this is useful because students could be given tasks at different levels and work at their own pace.
Poll questions and multiple-choice quizzes are also good ways for teachers to figure out how well their students are learning.
How can Nearpod be used in the classroom?
There are a lot of ways to use this in the classroom.
In the app’s library, there are more than 7,000 ready-to-use lessons.
You can use the lessons as part of a Google slideshow or presentation.
Kids can do things like take quizzes, go on virtual trips, and answer open-ended questions.
The app can be used to teach things like math, science, English, and more.
There are also activities that help kids develop their social and emotional skills.
MAKE YOUR OWN COURSE
- -Make a new lesson by clicking the blue button that says “Create” and then choosing “Lessons.” You can either upload content you already have or make a new lesson right in Nearpod.
- -To add content, tap Add Slide. Here are some of the most popular choices:
- Choose a video from Nearpod’s library, YouTube, or your own computer. At any point in a video, you can tap +Add Activity to add an activity.
- Once you’ve made a slide, you can add text, video, images, or gifs.
- -Web Content: Add a website to your presentation that people can visit.
- -Nearpod 3D: Give your students the chance to interact with 3D models of places and people.
- -VR Field Trip: Add virtual places to your lessons to make them more real. You can look at trips with or without a VR Headset.
- -To add an activity that you can do with other people, tap Add Slide and then tap the Activities tab. Some of the things you can do are:
- Time to Climb is an interactive game where you can make your own questions or use a template for certain subjects.
- -Flipgrid: Add a Flipgrid you’ve made before to the presentation.
- -Draw It: Have students draw their answer to show that they understand. You can make a new question or add one that’s already been made and change it.
- -Collaborate Board is an interactive tool for brainstorming where students can add sticky notes with text and pictures to a class bulletin board.
Make your Nearpod account better.
When you upgrade Nearpod join, you get more storage space, more ways for students to join, and more ways to make and send lessons. Individual teachers can buy a Gold or Platinum licence, or Schools and Districts can buy site licences to get the most out of Nearpod Code and meet the needs of their teachers.
This article tells teachers how they can upgrade their own accounts. Visit nearpod.com/pricing/ to learn more about the School and District options.