Pear Deck is an add-on for Google Slides that lets teachers make presentations that are interactive. It’s easy to use and can be a part of your normal classroom activities. It doesn’t have to be used in every class either, but I think it would be helpful in a number of situations. There are both free and paid versions of Pear Deck. The free version has a lot of features that make it worth learning. You might want to buy Pear Deck’s premium edition if you want to use more advanced features, like automatic grading.
Joinpd is a way to join to a presentation that is already happening online. It is provided by the Pear Deck. By using it, you can join to a presentation that your teachers or classmates are giving right now by using or entering a code at app.peardeck.com/join. On the portal, there is a text box where you can put your code and connect to your computer or phone without having to log in or do anything else.
JoinPd.com to make a Joinpd comLogin account.
To use Pear Deck, you must first create a Pear Deck account. Follow the steps below to set up a Peardeck login account.
- Go to peardeck.com, which is their official website, to start.
- The screen will show a page with the option “Join pd.com” in the upper right corner.
- Pick one of the options and set up an account.
- You will be given three options; choose one.
- Now, a pop-up message with two options will appear.
- There are two ways to sign in: “Log in with Google” and “Log in with Microsoft.”
- Choose one of these accounts as the one you want to use to sign in.
- Join pd.com at that time, and it will check your account. Make sure that your Google account is linked to Google Drive or OneDrive so that they can access your account. To make an account, fill out this form with your zip code or school post number. Fill out the other box with the name of your school. Don’t worry if you don’t have a US postal code or if the name of your school isn’t in the list. Type any 5-digit number instead of “Postcode.”
- You’ll be taken to the PearDeck dashboard, where you can make a presentation or do anything else you want.
JoinPd.com-How do I get involved with the Peardeck presentation?
You can take part in the Peardeck presentation through the Joinpd.com website. Follow the steps below to watch the Peardeck presentation on joinpd.com:
- Sign in to joinpd.com with your Google account and password.
- The page to sign in to Google will show up.
- Enter your email address and password for your Google account, then click the Sign In button to get to the Peardeck site.
- After logging into your Google account, you’ll be sent to the joinpd website, where you’ll be asked by a pop-up box to enter the Join Code given to you by your instructor or trainer.
- Enter the Join Code in the box provided and click the Join button to start playing with that Peardeck presentation.
- When you’re done with the current presentation, click the “Disconnect” button to end it.
Where can I find the code for PearDeck?
When you make a new Pear Deck presentation, you’ll get a unique Join Code that you can give to your students.
You can find the Join Code in many places:
- In the Presentation Details tab in the top right corner of the screen.
- Also, click on the Share tab in the top right corner of the screen.
- When you open your presentation on a computer connected to a projector or SmartBoard, the web address for your session will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll need that code to join.
How can I be a part of a Pear Deck session?
To join a Pear Deck session, type the session code into the Join Session box on the Pear Deck site or into the address bar of your browser. The session code is a combination of four to eight letters and numbers (for example, ABCD-1234). If your teacher uses an email address as their session code and you use Pear Deck with Google, you can also join a session by using your instructor’s email address as the session code.
How do I use my JoinPD account to sign up for a Peardeck class?
Signing up for Peardeck class login is easy and doesn’t take long. All you need to do is follow these easy steps:
- Open your browser and type peardeck.com into the box that says “address.”
- Go to the next screen and click the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner.
- A pop-up window will appear with two choices: Google and Email.
You can choose one or both of them at the same time.
Join to Your Deck Join Class at joinpd.com
If you choose an instructor-led course, the projector view will open and instructions on how to join will be shown.
- Go to joinpd.com to get started.
- Go to joinpd.com and type in the five-character Pear Deck Code.
- When you choose Give Students the Link, you can also share or email the session’s URL (see the first step above).
- All you have to do to sign up for your class is click it! Click also.
- After a week, the membership codes stop working, but the session URL stays the same.
- Let’s say you want students to join sessions that last longer than a week. Come and join them.
- Use your chosen avatar or your Google or Microsoft Office 365 email address and password to sign in as an anonymous user. It depends on the settings for logging in.
- If you choose a student-paced activity and have premium access, you can see the Dashboard view.
- To join, click the “Join” button in the top right corner of your screen at any time.
- Students’ activities, dashboard, and join code are in red.
Questions People Usually Ask
How do I get the class join code for PearDeck?
If you are a student, it is very easy and you don’t have to make up a code. Your teacher will give you the code or url for the Pear Deck online class. If you are a teacher, you should integrate or sync the content you have made on Google Docs or Powerpoint with PearDeck Portal to get joinpdcom code.
Are students and teachers able to use PearDeck for free?
It’s free, of course. But not all of the service is freemium. The free version of the service can be used by all teachers and students for as long as they want. On the other hand, they can choose a premium subscription to get extra tools and features.
When does my Pear Deck Join Code expire?
Your Perdeck join code can be active for up to 4 days. You must use the code within 4 days of when it was made. If you don’t, you might lose the code and have to make a new one by syncing your work with the portal.
Why doesn’t the Pear Deck “Enter Code” button work?
There’s nothing wrong with the pear deck portal, and it’s very easy to use. All you have to do is put in the right code that hasn’t already run out. If the code you entered doesn’t work, it should be because it’s wrong. If you are a teacher, you should make a new code or ask your teacher for the new code.
App for Google Workspace
Students can make their Google Slides presentations more powerful by using Pear Deck for Google Slides. Imagine if you could get every student in your class interested every day. What if you could tell right away who is confused and who is ready for more? This is how the Pear Deck works.
With the Pear Deck for Google Slides add-on, you can add the magic of Pear Deck’s creative assessments and interactive questions to your presentations.